Monday 16 April 2012

SRK's detention is justified: John Abraham


Actor ShahRukh Khan's recent detention at the US airport may have invited a lot ofcriticism but John Abraham, who too got detained in 2009, believes it isjustified. "Every country does its due diligence. Getting into India forforeigners is like hell… it's not easy. The US is also doing whatever they canto make their country safe, so it is justified. It all depends on howpersonally you take the issue, and Shah Rukh handled it with a lot ofgrace," said the actor, who was in the Capital to promote his firstproduction, Vicky Donor. However, John agrees that the way American authoritiestreat Asians is up for debate. "I have been in that detention space, wherethe (Federal Bureau of Investigation) FBI was called in because I had Afganistanmentioned in my passport, as I had shot there for two months for my film KabulExpress. There wasn't much hue and cry about this as I never wanted to use theincident as a media peg for the film. I was in for six hours and I was askedthe strangest questions. And of course, Shah Rukh would agree that racialprofiling could be a pretty much correct term for it (interrogation) becauseits mostly coloured people who are detained," said John who believes theprocedure has a good and a bad side to it. 

Please read full news here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment